Nathan Benderson Park, the venue, will be functional and will open to training from Sunday, July 21, 2019, onward. See the team training schedule for July 15-20 below.
Three other training venues are nearby. Call Sarah Kupiec at +1, 941-358-7275 to reserve.
Fort Hamer Park, 19 km north: More than 24 kilometers of rowable, protected water; fully enclosed and secure boathouse
Blackburn Point Park, 34 km south: Long-distance training with minimal boat traffic; intercoastal rowing on beautiful Sarasota Bay
Bay Preserve, 26 km southwest: Long-distance training with minimal boat traffic; intercoastal rowing on beautiful Sarasota Bay; workout area on-site; new low-profile dock; bathroom and changing facility
Team Training Information
for July 15-20
• Team training starts 7 a.m. July 15
• Gates open at 6 a.m.
• Water access 7-10 a.m. and 4-8 p.m. each day – no makeup times if practice is canceled due to bad weather
• Each athlete needs to sign a waiver
• An invoice will be sent to each team with athlete fee plus tax
• $5 per athlete per day charge to use the facility
• No coaching launch boats will be available
• Wire transfers will be paid for by each team
• Bike Rentals available